In order to have access to the information given in this site you have go in as a student or to log in as a teacher.
You will need Adobe Flash Player version 9 or onwards to see the content on this site
The IP HANDBOOK that is an interactive handbook about the most common types of IP and with links to further information.
The DESIGN HANDBOOK, that will give you basic information about the Community Design system and all the details you need if you decide to register a design.
In REFERENCE MATERIALS you will find an IP Glossary, and links to legislation, FAQs and other didactic materials about IP that can be found on other sites.
The CASE STUDIES & VIRTUAL EXERCISES an be done on-line with the class and there are also normal off-line exercises that can be done in the class room. The teachers versions have complete explanations and answers to each exercise.
In WHAT'S ON you will find news and information related to the e-learning site or articles about design/and or Intellectual Property rights.
You can give your own FEEDBACK and if you want assistance in how to register a design, you can get help from the demo in STEPS OF REGISTRATION OF AN RCD.
The GAME ZONE is an interactive learning game zone. If you play through it, you will get basic knowledge about IP and about the Community Design and you will have fun while doing it!.
More concrete instructions on how to play through the GAME ZONE can be found below.
1. Log in: during the test phase only the test schools have the passwords.
2. Put headphones/loudspeakers ON!
3. Click on the game zone in the left hand corner.
4. The game zone starts with a banner, click on the stamp to continue.
5. SELECT your avatar, write your name, click on the green button and then click on continue.
6. Now you come to a very basic presentation of the different kinds of intellectual property that
can be found in a mobile phone.
7. Go through all the sections and put the cursor on the images in order to ge more
8. When you have gone through the whole presentation, click on the X.
9. Play through the games starting with the top one (the EU map game) and
ending with the bottom one (the IP Shockwave).
10. Stars will light up in the right hand corner after each game.
11. After having played through the whole circuit all stars are lit. Cick on the parcel.
12. Download a screen saver or a diploma to show that the exercise has been completed.