Networks and Users' Groups
The Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) maintains close links with all interested parties in order to ensure cooperation and harmonization across Europe as well as to ensure the best possible delivery of its services.
This requires complete transparency with regard to standards and the results of examinations and other procedures performed by OHIM, and consultation with users in order to improve practice and procedures.
Here you can find information concerning the following networks related to the Office:
- National offices — liaison meetings between OHIM and the national industrial property offices of the European Union.
- OAMI Users’ Group — non-governmental organisations with which the Office co-operates: AIM, AIPPI, APRAM, BEDA, BusinessEurope, CEFIC, CNIPA, ECTA, EFPIA, EURATEX, FEMIPI, FICPI, GRUR, ICC, ICOGRADA, ICSID, INTA, LES, MARQUES, and UNION. The European Commission is invited to the Group meetings as an observer.
- E-business Users' Group — a representative number of users that meets OHIM biannually.
- Judges' seminars and symposiums — designed to harmonize the application of Community trade mark and design regulations.
- ‘Trade Mark Trilateral’ cooperation and harmonization meetings — organised between the United States Patent & Trade Mark Office (USPTO), the Japan Patent Office (JPO) and OHIM.
- OHIM Universities Network — set up to encourage students to acquire expertise in Community trade marks and designs, and establish relationships with European education and research centres in the field of Industrial Property.