Publication of the CTM application
Once the CTM application is accepted, it will be published in Part A of the Community Trade Marks Bulletin. Publication takes place as soon as the national office and OHIM search reports have been issued to the applicant.
The publication of the application in Part A of the Bulletin opens the three month period for filing an opposition.
After the publication of a Community trade mark application, third party observations can be filed which may relate to the existence of an absolute ground for refusal (see Examination section).
In addition, publication of the CTM application in Part A of the Community Trade Marks Bulletin permits file inspection to be requested.
The following, if applicable, are found under each application published:
- file number of the application
- filing date of the application
- date of publication of the application in the CTM Bulletin
- reproduction of the trade mark
- collective mark
- three-dimensional mark/ hologram / sound mark/ olfactory mark/ colour mark/ other
- description of the trade mark
- indication of colour(s)
- figurative elements (Vienna Classification)
- acquisition of distinctive character by use
- name, address and nationality of the applicant
- name and address of the representative
- language in which the application is filed and second language
- goods and services protected (Nice Classification)
- country, date and number of the application for which priority is claimed
- name of the exhibition and date of the first display (priority under Article 33 of the Community Trade Mark Regulation (CTMR))
- seniority: country; (a) registration number; (b) registration date; (c) filing date; (d) date of priority
- transformation: number of the international registration designating the European Community cancelled; (a) date of the international registration or (if applicable) of the subsequent designation; (b) date of priority of the international registration (if applicable)